Is RS Linx Classic for RS View a OPC Server also

Rob S.

I thought I seen this thread come up before. I would like to create my own HMI by using Visual Basic. I was thinking of using ,RS Linx Classic for RS View ,as the OPC Server. Is this
version of RS Linx Classic, possible of acting as a OPC server between my compactlogix and my Visual Basic. I have:
RS Linx Classic for RS View 2.50.00.20 (CPR 7)

Thanks,

I thought I seen this thread come up before. I would like to create my own HMI by using Visual Basic. I was thinking of using ,RS Linx Classic for RS View ,as the OPC Server. Is this
version of RS Linx Classic, possible of acting as a OPC server between my compactlogix and my Visual Basic. I have:
RS Linx Classic for RS View 2.50.00.20 (CPR 7)

Thanks,

Classic for RSView is only an OPC server when running on the same computer as RSView32 or RS/FTView SE.

Either of those packages will 'authorize' Linx Light to act as an OPC server to those clients only.

You need a fully licensed version of RSLinx to act as an OPC server to anything else (Or to RSView on a remote computer).

So, No. It won't work for a VB App.