Siemens TP270 download problem

Krcedinac

Hello to all,

My coleague is trying to download project with WinCCFlex 2007.
He is using MPI/DP connection and it is OK. But he keeps getting error message (see in the attachment).
He does like it says in the error message but it keeps repeating same message. I tried with Search engine but did not find similar problem.
Do you have a clue?

TP270.jpg

OS Update

You need to do "OS Update".

It's in the WInCC Flexible menu, somewhere under compile or something..., click project in the upper menu, then somewhere under compile if I remember well, you should find OS update somewhere...

OS update is needed because your project offline is not compatible with the OS running on the panel.

Do an os update, and it will be ok

Hello to all,

My coleague is trying to download project with WinCCFlex 2007.
He is using MPI/DP connection and it is OK. But he keeps getting error message (see in the attachment).
He does like it says in the error message but it keeps repeating same message. I tried with Search engine but did not find similar problem.
Do you have a clue?

TP270 is slightly old (the current generation is TP277), so it is unlikely that the factory supplied firmware matches WinCC Flex 2007.

In the WinCC Flex project, go to Device Settings and investigate the Device Type. It could be called "TP270 6" 7.2.0.0" or something like that. The 7.2.0.0 refers to the firmware version.
Use the OS Update function as previously suggested. In the dialog, you must specify the correct image file. Do not assume that it can figure this out by itself. Browse to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Siemens\SIMATIC WinCC flexible\WinCC flexible Images
And then find the correct image file. The subfolder OP_TP270_MP270B contains the image file OP_TP270_MP270B_V7_2_0_0.img that corresponds to the firmware version 7.2.0.0

edit: By the way, if you happen to mix the addresses of the S7 CPU and the panel, so that you inadvertedly try to do download to the S7 CPU, then you also get the same error message !
So, check that the download address is correct !!

Last edited: