Please help the novice with S7-300

Dear All,
I hope you all are doing well. I apologize in advance if I sound a bit crazy
emotion-6.gif
because I am new to the Simatic Manager and want to learn the s7-300 by myself. I have a query if anyone is kind enough to answer. I do not know how to use Comparison instructions in Simatic Manager. I have gone through the documentation but was unable to find a clue. I messed myself up with the data types. I need a bit of help from your guys if you can kindly describe the process or more preferably post a little piece of code. For instance, if I am to start 50 motors at a span of five seconds from the other by using the comparison instruction how should I input the time in the IN1 & IN2 arguments in the Comparison block? I am more familiar to the LAD.
Thanks very much indeed.

Regards,
Bilal

Dear All,
I hope you all are doing well. I apologize in advance if I sound a bit crazy
emotion-6.gif
because I am new to the Simatic Manager and want to learn the s7-300 by myself. I have a query if anyone is kind enough to answer. I do not know how to use Comparison instructions in Simatic Manager. I have gone through the documentation but was unable to find a clue. I messed myself up with the data types. I need a bit of help from your guys if you can kindly describe the process or more preferably post a little piece of code. For instance, if I am to start 50 motors at a span of five seconds from the other by using the comparison instruction how should I input the time in the IN1 & IN2 arguments in the Comparison block? I am more familiar to the LAD.
Thanks very much indeed.

Regards,
Bilal

I don't think you can put in S5timer values in the compair function if you do want to do this you can still transform the S5timer to Integer value and compair the integer value

Here's an example for three motors - use the timer to generate one second pulses and then count the pulses and use the integer value for the comparisons: (idea also sparked for March puzzle :))

motors50a.jpg

Last edited:
Great reply buddy. That solved my problem. Thanks a million. I hope I will get the same good response should i have any further queries.

Here's an example for three motors - use the timer to generate one second pulses and then count the pulses and use the integer value for the comparisons: (idea also sparked for March puzzle :))

Nice to hear we get a march puzzle. I'm allready looking forward to it :)