S7 300 and TP170A

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

I am wondering if I am missing a step. Trying to get a TP170A to display LVDT values from a 300 series PLC. I created my HMI file. I imported the file into my 300 project. In WinCC I specified the connection to the PLC. Created the tags in WinCC Downloaded the HMI file and the PLC program with MPI netowrking turned on with matching baud rates.

Does a connection need to be set up on the PLC side?
I am using 2 profibus connectors and a profibus cable with resistors turned off.

Am I missing anything???

-Joel

Try turning the resistors on. If you're using MPI at 187.5kbps it shouldn't matter that much, but can't hurt.
When you say you imported the file into the PLC project, that's a little different than I usually do.

If you have WinCC Flex setup as integrated, you should be able to insert a "SIMATIC HMI Station" into the project just like you would a SIMATIC 300 STATION OBJECT. shouldn't be too different from the imported version though.

Setup the HMI panel with a node address of 1 from the Control Panel.

Make sure you have the DIP switches configured the right way on the back of the panel.

In the HMI project, make sure the connection to the PLC is set correctly (i.e. MPI, 187.5kpbs, OP address 1, PLC address 2).

Connect the MPI port on the PLC to the 1F1B port on the HMI panel. Usually do this with a connector with a programming port on the PLC. Hook up the PC to the programming port attached to the PLC's MPI port.

Select Download and it should go.

If the panel has never had anything downloaded to it before, you might have to put it into tranfer mode manually. (close the control panel and a little box should have the options "Start", "Transfer", "Control Panel", and can't remember the other. Select transfer.

Thats what i meant, integrated with step 7. Sorry about that, was in a hurry leaving the shop.

I'm not in the shop at the moment but noticed in the connection manager that I didn't have the HMI set as MPI and Networked. Hopefully that is it.

The TP170A is what I had in stock at the shop but now i'm not sure if I want to use it on this project. I heard that the 170 series has been discontinued and replaced with the TP177 series but i'm not sure if those have MPI/Profibus options.

The TP177 should have the MPI/Profibus option just like the TP170. I'm pretty sure you get an ethernet port with the 177 too.

Thanks for your help Tim.

I think I actually have a profibus connector that went bad.

Tried a different cable and it worked, switched back to other and it didn't work.

Tried different combinations of connectors till I found the one that doesn't work.