Kepware ClientAce

edda

Hi all!

Have anyone used ClientAce from Kepware? I would like to create a OPC Client with C# and I´m woundering if its any good? Will it be easyier to communicate with the OPC server?

Any other inputs from pepole who tried it?

I have downloaded the demo but was not able to install it (it demand Visualstudio 2005, and i only got 2008 on this computer)...

Happy for any opinions...

Best Regards.

The new binaries for VS2008 support will be availalbe in about a month maybe sooner as a beta however the beta will not be able to sign applications yet. Since we make it any comments about how good it is would be biased on my part. We are the industry leader in OPC DA communications products and we apply the same quality measures to all of our products.

Thanks for your reply Fred... hehe yeah your opinions would not be real fair I think ;).

But I have seen many post on diffrent forums that says something like "well if you going to build a opc client i .Net take a look at ClientAce from kepware" so someone must have tried it, right? :geek:

Yes we have many users of it at the moment. if you go to the Feedback/suggestions page on the kepware Website and send a note that you are intersted in getting notified when the VS2008 enabled binaries are avaialble we can make sure that you get them right away.