ARCOM RTU <--> Modicon PLC Interface

kaziz1977

Hi,

Has anyone come across Arcom RTUs interfaced with a Modicon PLC or any other RTU/PLC system? I need to consider options to upgrade our existing, around 70, RTUs which will no longer be supported by the manufacturer in the near future.
Thanks for your feedback in advance. :unsure:

Confused?

Maybe I don't understand your situation, but have you contacted
Arcom Controls about replacements? I am not trying to be funny or anything, but if the RTUs are about to be obsolete, then it seems Arcom would be a good place to start in trying to find compatible replacements. Just my opinion.
p.s. I have not ever used RTUs so I am not going to be much help past this point.

Hi,
Thanks for you reply. Well the thing is that I would like to look into other options too, other well known brands like Modicon or Bristol Babcock. Besides, Arcom do not have the same type of equipment which was previously provided to us.

Another advantage of moving away from one manufacturer is that a level of flexibility is obtained in the system, although there may be some teething problems with the communications setup.

Thanks,
K.Aziz.......... ;)

Hello Azis,

I came to this thread by searching on Arcom RTU. I like to know what happen then with your replacement plan.

I have similar case here using Arcom RTU and like to migrate to Modicon PLC.

Thanks in advance.

Edy Sucipto