Melsec k2n to omron cs1

ACDC

Ola Everyone.
I have a problem and hope somebody can assist me.
helpsmilie.gif

We have an ancient MELSEC-K2N PLC which we need to replace it with OMRON CS1 PLC.
argue1.gif

Anyway I’m new in both the brands and facing a problem with one instruction which is the Temporary Memory Shift (SFT)
I’m just having a problem understanding the SFT instruction section in the MELSEC programming manual.
ranting.gif

This is the part in the manual which explains the SFT instruction, can anybody let me know which shift instructions in OMRON software would exactly do the same function.🤞🏻

SFT instruction.jpg

This appears to be a bit shift register.
It is difficult to tell for sure due to the resolution
of the posted image.

I would try the SFT Function 10.

You should also get the Programming manual #W340 from Omron.

Hope this will help.

Hi gtsuport,
Thank you for your reply, I already thought about the SFT instruction of OMRON but the thing is that tha SFT of Mitsi looks like it works in a different way, anyway I'm attaching the PDF file of the manual, please take a look at it and let me know what you think.📚
Thanks

Hey Gtsuport,
the thing is that I just can’t understand how does the SFT instruction of the Mitsubishi exactly function according to the manual:confused:, if I can figure out the function then I think it would be easier to find a replacement for it.📚
These are the points which I’m not sure about the instruction. First of all in the manual (if I’m right) it mentions that if a SFT input is applied to M then the bit will be shifted to M-1, for example if SFT is applied to M20 then the bit will be shifted to M19 and M19 to M18 and so on, I don’t know if you have worked on the K2N processors in the past or not, if you have can you tell me if this is the case or not. If this is the case and I have understood right then I don’t know how in the ladder the bit is SET to M85 to be shifted to M82. If you realize there is no SET input for the M85 through M82, the only SET input is given to M81 which only resets the memory registers of M85 to M82.

By the way Gtsuport,:beerchug:the problem is that I don't have the chance to check the program on site, the production can not be stopped, so I need to make sure that the instruction is going to work in the exact order (lets put it that way)
Thanks AC/DC