Any Idea of a house projects

Andrew Chan

I have some spare time, thinking I can be little productive doing some small PLC projects for my house; I have couple AB Micrologic-1000, it also contains some analog I/O as well. Please give me some idea of what are some possible project I can do with the PLC. Thanks for your time in advance.

I have some spare time, thinking I can be little productive doing some small PLC projects for my house; I have couple AB Micrologic-1000, it also contains some analog I/O as well. Please give me some idea of what are some possible project I can do with the PLC. Thanks for your time in advance.

If you use the search function on this forum for "home projects" you will get alot of ideas

I'd do something related to power saving, since that is normally (A) challenging and (B) financially worthwhile if you plan on living where you do for a long enough time. Why not try getting some low-cost photoelectric switches for each doorway in the house and implement automatic light on-and-off switching with manual override from wall swithes?

PLC control of interiorer lighting could be done IF your schedules are that predictable if not predictable then it may not be a good idea. Better off with proximity sensors. The prox lite switches I have worked with WILL turn off ALL if you are stationary for too long. BAAAAAD idea where safety may be an issue ie kitchen - run at least one central fixture off a manual switch.

PLC control of exteriorer lighting would be good. You would need only one light sensor (two for reliability??) to control the whole circuit. Each area could then be controlled with a prox to keep the light bill down.

PLC control of heating would be a good thing especially with zone control.
Dan Bentler