SLC real time clock

weilerot

I need help with having the real time clock trigger an event everday at 1:00 A.M excep the weekend. I do not have an HMI screen. This is not a homework assignment. I have never had to use the real time clock feature. I have been reading the post and have seen that the clock uses S:39-S:42. Any answer would be appreciated. I have searched the AB website with no luck.

Thanks,

Herb

Herb,

All you have to do is insert the following into a rung in your logic:-

NEQ S:39 0 NEQ S:39 6 EQU S:40 1 EQU S:41 0 EQU S:42 0 OTE B3:0/0

The first 2 Not Equal instructions are only allowing the bit to turn on if the days of the week are not Sunday or Saturday (0=Sun, 1=Mon, 2=Tue, etc.). That's your weekday only condition done.

The Next 3 Equal instructions are for allowing the bit to turn on at the required time of day. There are several ways to do this but probably the most straight forward is as stated. When the hour, minute and second of the day is equal to the current processor time, it will toggle the relevant bit for one second (one-shot and latch may also be useful here). Keep in mind that at Midnight hour (S:40) is Zero.

This solution would not allow for any power failures, etc. so processor needs to be running at that exact time otherwise the bit misses the boat until the next available day to get turned on. There are ways to get around this but as I said it's probably the easiest way.

Regards,
Justin