counter

Use two counter instructions. Set the preset on the first (the "ones" counter) to 1000, and trigger a count of the second (the "thousands" counter) using the .dn bit from the first, then reset the first counter.

If you use the ADD instruction to build your counter, make sure that you use a one-shot after the trigger logic or you could get too many counts.

Regards

XIC I:1/0 OSR B3/0 ADD F8:0 1.0 F8:0
GEQ F8:0 50000.0 OTE B3/1

Good for counting to 16,777,215. After that you run into resolution issues when trying to count by 1 with a floating point number.

Similar Topics

Hi Guys, I have a 1769-L24-QBFCB1 that has the OK light flashing on the embedded counter module. The manual states it is a resettable fault, but...
Replies
Views
Hey Everyone, After reading a lot on this forum and elsewhere I see not many are fond of the 1794-VHSC module. I can see to a degree as I was...
Replies
Views
Hello Folks, Has anyone configured a Momentum high speed counter on Unity 13.1. We need the wiring diagram for Momentum High speed counter and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am working with an incremental encoder (ABZ signals, 360 ppr (so 1440 counts per rev)) to replace the existing "manual" encoder wheel I...
Replies
Views
Hi y'all Just a quick question for using Rslogix 5000 I'm using a counter up bit with an analog signal (0-10V). When 10V is measured, counter...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom