Dynamically Set Datablock Size

SmithCD

Is there anyway to dynamically alter the size of a data block? I'm developing sofware to simulate a 'Last In First Out' structure using a data block. Upon receipt of a pulse I write to DB100.DBD0 say, upon the receipt of the next pulse I'll move DB100.DBD0 to DB100.DBD4 and write a new value to DB100.DBD0 and so on. Upon receipt of a different pulse I will read the oldest value from DB100 and write to DB101. I have written code to do this but it would be a lot more elegant if I could dynamically set the size of data blocks.

Similar Topics

Is it possible to dynamically change Tag Names (in real-time) on these PLCs? I'm guessing the answer is "NO", right? Just externally, then...
Replies
Views
I apologize, I don't know how to word my question properly. See code snippet for reference: https://imgur.com/a/yPOohZ9 I have an old panelview...
Replies
Views
This is a CompactLogix L33ERM, version 30 (31 is too unstable on my machine to work with), with a Kinetix 5500 drive. I have a program where...
Replies
Views
I usually make a master program that I then use on different processes where the only difference is vessel sizes and setpoint ranges. I have the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if someone has done this already? We are trying to change the IP address of a Generic Ethernet-Module dynamically using code in Run...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom