RSView Studio - deleting an application issue

CB_182

Hi All,

I am running windows XP (sp3) and RSView Studio ME 4.0

Using the Application Manager I am trying to 'delete an application', I select the application I want to delete and then click finish, it asks me if i sure to whcih i reply yes.

I then get a message saying "Unable to perfrom operation. The application is in use".

I have checked on my laptop and the file is not open, and its not open on anyhwere else on the network.:unsure:

Can anyone help.

Many Thanks
Chris

Studio puts a lot of file information into cache, most likely a service is still running in the background...RSLinx Enterprise...which is still looking at the cache file, and retaining file information even though you've closed the project. Try stopping all the RS services that are running then try to delete it.

If you ever have problems opening a project/creating a runtime application chances are the .CAC file in the tag folder has problems or the cache folder has problems. Closing the project, deleting these items and re-opening the project usually will clear out any issue.

It's a pain in the....

now fixed

FIXED !

restarted my PC this morning and deleted no problem.

Thanks for all the assistance

Last edited: