Fanuc 90-30 PLC SVC_REQ 7 Help??

criggz

Hello all,
with a current program im doing i need to add a duty/standby swap over (once a week) just to keep all pumps active and not sitting around doing nothing.

my first thought was to utalise the internal clock to get the day of the week and time of day then use that day (say monday) and a time (9:00am) to swap the dutys of the pumps required.

my problem here is im very new to the fanuc world of plcs and have done some research but am still yet to get my head around how to work with this within the 90-30 plcs. i found some info on the svc_req but could not get it to do anything at all would someone have an example on how to use this or at least point me in the right direction??

many thanks
craig.

Here is a link to the 90-30 function set manual. This particular manual was written for the old DSos-based Logicmaster software, but it has good explanations. The description og the SVC_REQ fucnctions are in chapter 12. SVC_REQ function code 7 starts on page 12-49. The internal real-time clock is only available on 90-30 modular CPUs. The models with the CPU in the backpplane (CPU311, CPU313, and CPU323) don't have it.

http://support.gefanuc.com/support/...aging/DOCUMENT/0/DO704/en_US/1.0/gfk0467m.pdf

Last edited:
Hey steve,
Thanks for the pdf with some more information but i dont know what im missing here but i still have no idea how these svc_req actually work.
i simply need the day of week number stored into a R register so i can compair this and execute the duty swap over. not sure where to find this. im uncertin on what the parm input does. (is this the starting register that the time will be sent to).

The %R address you assign at the PARM node of the function block is the first of several registers used by the function. If you put a value of zero into the first register it means you want to read the clock. If you value of 1 in first register it means you want to write to the clock (such as you would do on the change to daylight saving time).

The contects of the second register define how you want to format the clock data; value of 1 for BCD format, value of 3 for ASCII. For your application, BCD will be easier to work with.

So, let's assume you use %R100 for your parameter block. You move a value of 0 into %R100, a value of 1 into %R101 and execute the function. Following the function call you will find the month in the upper byte of %R102 and the year in the low byte. You will find the hour of the day in the upper byte of %R103 and the day of the month in the low byte. You will find the current clock second in the upper byte of %R104 and the clock minute in the lower byte. You will find the day of the week (Sunday = 1) in the low byte of %R105.

Now, if you want to combine the hour and minute into a single word, you'll need to do a little manipulating. If you AND %R103 with FF00 you wind up with just the hour. If you AND %R104 with 00FF you wind up with just the minute. OR those two intermediate results and you combine the hour and minute. Convert from BCD to integer and you have a value you can use in a comparison function.

I hope this helps.

Thanks again steve,
i was on the right track i just needed to pass the 0 to register 1 and a 1 to register 2. do i actually have to create the other registers after them so it can write to them or will it do this for me? just asking this before i try it again as im not on that site now and ill try it when im back there.

e.g
%R5100 = register 1 (set to 0 "READ")
%R5101 = register 2 (set to 1 "BCD")
%R5102 = start of actual time data from plc???????

Thanks
Craig.

Your interpretation is correct. You don't "create" a data register when you use it in a program. It already exists. The CPU module comes out of the box with 9999 registers. You can reallocate some of the program memory to create additional registers if necessary. That's done in hardware configuration. It's also more than you need to know for this particular application.