How to assign the 10 side keys from a PP45?

Kobrakai

Hello!

I am an mechanical engineering student who has the bad luck to have a Thesis about PLC Programming. I have been learning it for few weeks now through manuals, but sometimes i get stuck on these parts that seem to be to easy, but i cannot find it.

The software i have to use is B&R Automation Studio, and atm i am programming my Human-Machine Interface in ASiV.

My firm has bought a PLC with PP45 screen: it has touch screen, but it also possesses 10 buttons on the side of that screen. They want to navigate trough the pages using those buttons, but i just cant find them anywhere to give them functions or to link them with variables...

Any help would be more then apreciated!

Regards,

Kobrakai

Hi Kobrakai,

You need to open up the visualization object. Then on the left hand side of the editor, you will see a list of "Alarm Groups"..."Data groups" etc. open "Keys" then "VC4PP045"...

This will open a bitmap that looks like the PP45, then you can click on the keys and assign functions.

Thanks for the reply!
But if i open keys, i only have

AlphaPad
AlphaPadQVGA
EditPad
NavigationPad_hor
NavigationPad_ver
Numpad

They all look like touchscreen stuff... The PP45 is uploaded in the hardware. I don't have a license yet, my company ordered it and we are waiting for it? I'll do an Update aswell, mby my B&R version is to old?

Thanks anyway for the reply!

It's easier in AS 3.0, inside the configuration view, just double click the 4PP045... "Key mapping file" it will open up a window with the display, and keys. to do all the mapping.

hm, i am sorry i am making it so difficult :/, i dont have alot of experience and i am still in the studying progress.

If i try it, i get this error:

C:\Users\CZC8507XQB\Desktop\Thesis\Program\TestBench2\Physical\Config1\PLC1\4PP045.0571-062d.dis : error : There is no visualization object mapped to the file 4PP045.0571-062d.dis.
To open a visualization in HW-Mode please map a suitable visualization object.

I allrdy created a small Visualization program called Visu. I mapped it in configuration view - Cpu.sw - Visualization.
What am i doing wrong?

Thanks!

1) make sure the visualization you created is the right size (320x240 for the PP45)
2) make sure the visualization is mapped in the configuration view visual.vcm. Click in the "VC Object Name" column and select your visualization.
3) then do a rebuild to make sure everything gets registered.

hmm, as you stated in 1), mine is currently set 640x480. I can start a new one with 320x240, but is it possible to change the previous one? Or to import my done work in the second one? Then i can save some work =)
Many thanks!

It's not possible in AS 3.0. .. was in AS 2.X series. But no worries, if you are new to using Automation Studio, it will be good practice creating a new visualization =)

Hey again!

I just got my license, but it seems like i also need a login... Probably that is what my supervisor has, so i'll ask it when he comes back to work tomorrow.

I had a new question: My thesis is about programming a machine that has to do endurance testing. This means i need to program a cycle that is run about 10 000 times. Every time it has to keep a log of various variables like Temperature & Pressure. How do i keep that LOG? I'v been browsing arround it, i figured i'd use Data Objects, but i dont really find how they work. The examples in the help aren't that clear to me :eek:. I created a Data Object with DataObjCreate, and i am now trying to make him Write to it every cycle...

Do you know if there are manuals that are specific on these DataObj stuff? Or where i can find extra examples? Googling it didn't bring up much :/.

Is it basicly writing in an Array and then sending this array to the data object? Or can you write directly to the data object each cycle?
Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards

Last edited:
there are a lot of different options. Included with AS 3.0 is a demo project the "coffee machine" C:\Program Files\BrAutomation\As30715\AS30071\Samples

Data objects are used there to read recipes. Thats one option. Data objects are good, but if you are going to be saving data for a long time, actual files are better.

An option is to create large arrays for the various variables you will be monitoring. Then you can use the FileIO library to write those arrays to a file. you could then plot the values in excel.

One this to be aware of, Compact flashes have a write lifespan. So, don't write to the file every scan, or you are going to kill the CF.

Hello again!

I just received my License finally. When i tried to simulate things on Target System AR000 previously, it gave an error that seemed like it was not possible in a trial version.

Now i am having the License, and i have another problem. I am trying to transfer the "MyFirstProgram" Example from the "Automation Studio Basis TM210" Manual to the Target System, but it claims this error:

error : Project Transfer : error 444 : No valid transferlist file C:\Users\CZC8507XQB\Desktop\Thesis\Program\MyFirstProgram\Binaries\Simulation\PLC1\Transfer.lst.

When i try to reach that file in my browser, it goes untill the mapo Binaries, but thats an empty map...

I tried to Generate a Transfer List, but that gives the same error. I tried to both google it & look in the AS Help, but i cant find it...

What am i doing wrong? I just copied the steps from the Manual. The only difference si that i have AR000 N2.95 Running...

The Target System status says: "Tcpip/DA=2 DAIP = 127.0.0.1 / REPO = 11160 / RT = 1000 || AR000 N2.95 || RUN

I am pretty stuck atm :/.

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards