Siemens ET200S

cdavis

I've been fighting with an ET200S module for a couple of days and thought I would ask if anyone could enlighten me.

I have a CPU319-DP processor and an IM151-1 Standard module on profibus. These are the only two items on my profibus network as I am in the testing phase. I simply cannot get the two to talk to each other.

The LEDs on the front show the SF light off, the BF light is on solid, and the power light is on.

I configured the ET200S module in the HW Config. The node address in the HW config matches the DIP switches. I downloaded the the HW config to the PLC. Also, the terminating resistor is on at both ends of the cable.

If anyone has used these before and knows what to do, I would appreciate any help.

If you have a CP5511, CP5512, CP5611 or CP5621, try to connect to the Profibus network and use the diagnostics for the card to see if both 319 and IM151-1 appear in the list of devices.

And did you connect the cable in both ends on the terminals with the arrow going INTO the connector ?

The CPU diagnostics says "Distributed I/Os: end of synchronization with a DP master"

I do not have an CPs, but I was interested on knowing if there was a way to see what was on the network.

On the CPU connector the cable is going out and on the ET200s the cable is going in. Why does that matter?