RSView32 works 7.4 version -- Displaying string tag on alarm log file

pssriram16

Hi,
I want to display a string tag in the alarm log file in RSView32 works. For exapmle, in the user custom message in the "Alarm States" tab I included this message:

\11d \8t \30s /* S:8 :: [PLC_1]g_BasketId_Unload_Station] */

where

[PLC_1] --> This is the node topic defined in RSLinx
g_BasketId_Unload_Station] --> This is the string data type tag

But this syntax is not working. Has anyone ever done this before. Thanks. Sriram.

alarm log  custom message.jpg

I guess it cannot be done this way in RSView32 works. You can display strings in alarm messages only in RSView ME (now called Factory Talk View).

So what I did was create a event alarm detector that sets off the datalogon command to log the string data.

Sriram