Modbus TCP/IP from CLX to DCS via wireless

gakpapa

Hi Guys,
need your advise here...

I wanna communicate CLX to a DCS Modbus TCP/IP
here's the configuration:
MVI56-WA-PWP ---wireless--- > Prolinx-WA-PWP ---> DCS Modbus TCP/IP

Since i don't have DCS, i use CLX with MVI56-MNET (assumed as DCS)to do simulation.

Does any of you ever do this kind of configuration?
i've configured MVI56-WA-PWP and Prolinx as attached file
but, still cant communicate

i really appreciate your help
roe

MVI56-WA-PWP.jpg Prolinx WA PWP2.jpg Prolinx WA PWP.jpg

Attachments

• Prosoft Configration BUilder.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 3
You're dealing with brands I've haven't used, but I'll describe my approach:

I connect two PCs, point-to-point, using the ethernet radios. If I can't browse the other PC's directories (sharing enabled) or do a file transfer, point-to-point with the radios, then the radios aren't setup right.

It is my impression that even ethernet radios have to be configured for their functionality: master or slave, access point, bridge, repeater, whatever.

I find it far easier to 'prove' radio functionality with 2 PCs first, than with devices that need to be programmed to execute a read or write function via a comm (ethernet) port.

Once the radios are working, then I'll substitute a PLC for the PC at one end and dink around until I can get the PLCs' development software to talk to the PLC. That establishes communication from PC to PLC over ethernet radio.

Then I'll run a Modbus tool (master or slave, depends) on the PC to read or write a value via Modbus TCP to the PLC.

Then I put an ethernet switch on the PC end so I can connect the 2nd device (DCS) in your example and the PC at the same time. Keeping the PC on the link allows me to confirm that I still have a viable communications link, when things inevitably don't work on the DCS.

It's a step-by-step, build it up procedure.

Dan