Problem with Citect 7.0r1

Lokman

Dear All,

How are you? how is your day?

Please see the below problem and write me.

My mail address: [email protected]

My Problem:

I want create a bottom by Citect 7.0 for reset the %MW50:00 in Modicon plc.

I was define a variable tag name :
Alarm_rest_all (please see the below image) for connecting the graphic bottom. I keep the %MW50:00 address in Alarm_rest_all
variable address.

When I try to Compile, found : bad IO Device variable.

Let me know the about bad IO Device variable.

For your kind information I have select the IO device: Use->
existing IO service: MyIOServer -> IODev1->External IO device---->Modico----> Micro----> Modbus/RTU

Let me how can i keep the %MW50:00 address without the bad IO Device variable error.

I am trying to create a reset button where the PLC internal memory %MW50:X00 will be reset.

I am trying to create a reset button where the PLC internal memory %MW50:X00 will be reset.

I am trying to compling my project, but found Error:

Regards,

Lokman
Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Dear All,

How are you? how is your day?

Please see the below problem and write me.

My mail address: [email protected]

My Problem:

I want create a bottom by Citect 7.0 for reset the %MW50:00 in Modicon plc.

I was define a variable tag name : Alarm_rest_all (please see the below image) for connecting the graphic bottom. I keep the %MW50:00 address in Alarm_rest_all variable address.

When I try to Compile, found : bad IO Device variable.

Let me know the about bad IO Device variable.

For your kind information I have select the IO device: Use-> existing IO service: MyIOServer -> IODev1->External IO device---->Modico----> Micro----> Modbus/RTU.

Let me how can i keep the %MW50:00 address without the bad IO Device variable error.

I am trying to compling my project, but found Error:

Regards,
Lokman
Dhaka, Bangladesh.

You still havent read tha manual have you ?

From the MODBUS Driver manual:

-------------------------------------------
  • This section describes the correct data types to use. You must use the correct data types when defining your variables for your CitectSCADAVijeo Citect project.
The table below show the data types for configuring a serial connection:

Data Types
Address Format
CitectSCADAVijeo Citect Data Type
DIGITAL
Output Coils
000001 to 65536
DIGITAL (Note: Leading zero is required.)
Input Status
100001 to 65536
DIGITAL (Read Only)
INTEGER
Input Registers
300001 to 65536
INT / LONG / STRING / REAL (Read Only)
Output Registers
400001 to 65536
INT / LONG / STRING / REAL
EXTENDED REGISTERS
(6xxxxx range)
Ef:[r.b]
where:
f = file no. (1 - 65536)
r = register no. (0 - 65536)
b = bit no. (1 - 16)
DIGITAL / INT / LONG / STRING / REAL

Note: Both sub types of the INTEGER Data Type support bit access using the structure of:
40001 – INT1
40001.7 – Bit 7of INT1

----------------------------------------------------------

Read the Modbus RTU driver help and it will show you which addresses you can use and how to access them.

If you are using Modbus RTU the variable address will be 40050.0, or if the driver uses native Schneider addressing it will be %MW50.0 have you done this ?

How have you defined the variable, have you defined it as DIGITAL, if so it whould be INT ?

Last edited:
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your mail.
I have PLC TSX3721101, Citect 7.0r1 and data cable TSX PCX1031.
I want communicate with plc by this cable.
Let me know the way of communication and variable writting.

Regards,
Lokman

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your mail.
I have PLC TSX3721101, Citect 7.0r1 and data cable TSX PCX1031.
I want communicate with plc by this cable.
Let me know the way of communication and variable writting.

Regards,
Lokman

Please decide what your problem is !!

AND

You still havent read the manual have you ?

You asked:

Let me how can i keep the %MW50:00 address without the bad IO Device variable error

I gave you the answer, now you want to know how to connect to the PLC, i dont use serial we use ethernet so i cant answer any further.