Kinetix 6000 MSO Shutdown issue

mrdmrd

Hello everyone

I have got another puzzling problem for you.

I have a machine that has a total of 5 Kinetix 6000 servo's on it. The problem that I am having is that randomly when the CLX issues a command to the servo's to enable (MSO)the servo in the # 4 node position will go into a Shutdown state.

This does not happen each time sometimes it will enable correctly. I know that it is not an issue with the way that I issue the MSO instruction as all of the other servo's are tied to the same set of conditions that trigger the MSO and none of them have these problems. I have verified that the Safe Off part of the system is working correctly and that there is a couple second delay between the safe off coming back online and the MSO instruction.

For additional information the motors that are tied to the Kinetix are AB 1326AB motors. We have tried to switch the Kinetix Modules for nodes 4 and 5 around to see it the problem moved with module, it does not it stays on node 4. We have switched out the SERCOS module in the CLX. No help. We have even went as far as to change out the power rail, again no help.

I do not know why the servo is going into shutdown mode. Before the MSO instruction is issued the servo is in a READY state. As soon as the MSO is issued the state changes to SHUTDOWN. I do not have any Shutdown commands programmed in the PLC and also do not have any fault actions set to Shutdown. After the servo reports back that it is in shutdown the MSO instruction error's with a code of 7 (Attempted to enable a servo when it was in a shutdown state.)

We do not get any error codes on the servo it always stays at a communication state of 4 (normal) it simply will not enable.
I also have 5 other machines that are programmed with the exact program and the exact same control wiring that do not exibit any of these problems.

Thoughts?????

I am sure that I forgot some details that you may need so if there is anymore information needed let me know I will try to get it.

Nevermind

Please cancel the above request for help....

I just talked with the plant personnel today and after all of this time of beating my head against the wall someone let it slip that the problem did actually move during the original troubleshooting effort and stayed with the Kinetix module and not in the same node location.

I have recommended that they remove the module that now resides in the # 5 node location and replace it.

Thanks anyways.