AB Power monitor questions

Critt

Hello Everyone

I have a customer who wants to monitor and control the startup for some roof top AC units. The customer has a 250 KW generator and would like to add these loads to it; however the generator is too small with the current loads. He doesn’t want to purchase a larger generator and without getting into costly load shedding I was wondering if I could use an AB logics PLC connected to a power monitor 3000 or other. This way when we are on utility power one contactor is pulled in and on power failure we can pull in or stop roof top units as the load changes with another contactor. (Two contactors per unit).

Can anyone please let me know your thoughts on this? Is there a better way to control this? Which processor would you recommend? Any Software? (RSPower?)