contrologix, is it possible

Hi all,
I have 2 1756 L61 controllers. One is out in the field on wireless. The other one is on my bench. My question is can I read with a msg instruction the processor on wire less through rs linx and my laptop. My connection to processor on bench is through a cable to a 1756ENBT/A ethernet card. We are getting ready to update 3 robot weld cells and I want to run simulation on the bench using real world i/o from processor in the field. Don't really know how to configure msg instruction or if it is possible.
Thanx

Yes, it is possible to set-up your MSG on your processor to read/write to the other controller in the field.

Not to sound angry or anything....

Rather than me tell you exactly how to do it, why not read the instructions on how to do it in the manual?

There is/are great tutorials on how to do this in the RA database, as in the Logix Processors manual. It should be pretty straightforward.....

I have started reading up on it, and when I went to configure msg in processor I didn't have the communication link when configuring a cip read.I was just wondering if anybody had estabilshed a com link like the way I wanted to do.Using wireless to laptop and then cable to the read processor.
Thanx

It might be possible with RS LINX Gateway, but it is going to be messy any way you go.

If you can communicate to your PLC in the field wirelessly, you should also be able to get to it thru a cabled connection. Get both of your PLCs on the same network using a wired switch.

It sounds like what you are looking to do is to "bridge" your two networks (wireless and wired) using your XP computer.

Yes, Windows XP includes one network-to-network bridge. You can look it up in your local help file or on the Internet.