A little PLC Help

rvitrih

Hi,

I have a couple more questions. Along with the GE stuff that I received I need to buy a few more simple PLC's for a couple of projects. These PLC's will have a few inputs and outputs, some analogue and some discrete. I will also need to connect a couple of thermocouples into one of the designs.

I have notices that the Allen Bradley and GE software's are to expensive for me to purchase, so I went looking for others. I was wondering if you would recommend going with the line from DirectAutomation or the ELC line form Eaton Cutler Hammer. Both are reasonably prices and their software is not that expensive. I have been leaning more towards the ELC PLC's because I will be using EZ Touch panels with these designs.

What would you experts recommend. Which company provides better software?, and are their software packages compatible with Windows Vista.

Thank You

Richard

Software costs are a BIG issue when you have a TINY budget. Unitronics makes a line of plcs and hmis that are combined into one unit and the software is free. I have not used their products, but have seen them spoken favorably of in this forum.

The software for Red lion G3 hmis is free. I have used it and do recommned it.