.LAD extension

I'm not saying for sure what you have, but *.LAD was the ladder file for ICOM AI-2 software for the PLC-2 controllers.

An AI-2 project consists of more than just the LAD file.

.ADR
Index for description text.
.CFG
Program Configuration Data (plc2ll0.cfg)
.CNT Table of contents
.DEL Deleted unused instruction descriptions (ASCII delimited format)
.DSC Instruction description text
.ERR Error message storage
.IOM I/O configuration file
.LAD Ladder Logic
.LIB Blocks of rungs saved to disk
.PRF Program revision history file
.RPD Rung/page titles file
.RPI Index for rung/page titles
.SCR Custom data monitor screen
.RDT Report Header
.SYM Index for description text
.XRF Cross reference file
.XRI Index for cross reference file
.001 Ladder backup file (oldest)
.002 Ladder backup file (next oldest)
.003 Ladder backup file (highest number is most recent)

Last edited:
GE Logicmaster (DOS version) had a .LAD file.

Which you can import into Directsoft.

GE Fanuc Logicmaster software for Series One, Series Three, Series Five and Series Six used .LAD as the file extension for the ladder logic files. As others have mentioned, they are not the only brand to use that extension, but if that's the only file you have, it's enough for those GE Fanuc models.

Post it here and we can try to open it and see what works. You will have to rename it with a different extension. This forum won't accept attachments with a .LAD extension.

Hi,
It might be a PLC Ladder Logic of EZ PLC, from EZ Automation, a division of AVG Automation.
In the previous years, For the PLC Ladder logic when we save on the hard disk the PLC program used get saved with .lad, .isa, and few other extensions along with .LAD.
Goto www.ezautomation.net or you can call on their Toll free No. - 001 877 774 3279.

Have a try ... I am not 100% sure.

Harsha BS

Post the file and someone should be able to determine the PLC type from the file. I think that information is embedded in the file. As Steve said, post it with a different extension, like .plc.

Are you trying to replace the PLC or troubleshoot it?

I remember many years ago, I used a PLC with .LAD extensions, there was also another extension that went with it which was held in the same directory and I believe it was for an IMO Nexus, blue box. The software was Caps6 which I am sure is still available and free to boot. It was also what I learnt on, so hence why I can remember it!