SLC and 1794-ASB brain lock

allscott

I've got an existing 1747SN scanner and a 1794ASB that has two discreet I/O cards in it and I want to add an analog card.

Its been awhile since I have dealt with these. From reading the manuals it looks like I will have to convert the rack from discreet to block transfer in order for it to work. Am I correct in saying that I can't leave the first two cards as discrete and then block transfer to the analog card?

Thanks in advance.

You should be able to leave the two existing modules alone and add the analog one.

Your block transfers will only affect the slot to which they are assigned...the one occupied by the new card.

Paul

OkiePC is correct, however if you do not setup the block transfer correctly for the analogy card, it is possible for the block transfer to overlap the discrete card(s) and cause problems.