RS 232 port

I just got a call from one of our plants, in which they are having trouble hooking up to a Micro Logix 1500. They thought they had a bad cable so got a new one. They also tried a new Micro Logix 1500. I was also told that other equipment using Micro Logix 1500 would not hook up with lap top. This is the same software, Micro Logix and lap top I used to use when I was there. They did every thing correct in Rs Links to confuger driver etc. I think there is a problem with the RS232 port but not sure how you test to make sure it is working correctly. The software is RsLogix 500 uning Windows XP on a lap top. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Similar Topics

I have a piece of equipment that is operated by a PanelView Plus 600 HMI touch screen via RS232 into a Micrologix 1500 PLC. I am trying to...
Replies
Views
Hello, Can a single DB-9 or mini-DIN8 port be used to interface with RS-232 or RS-485 serial connections? Thanks, EE
Replies
Views
does anyone have any insight on how to request specific data from an ATEQ Premier F leak test unit using a PLC? I have the ATEQ hooked up to the a...
Replies
Views
Have any of you used an RS232 mux on a plc 5 serial port so more then one device can communicate with it with DF1 protocol? Any idea if it will...
Replies
Views
Anyone have any experience with using a 1747-DPS2 device? Bascially, have a Micrologix 1000 where the round port is being used by the HMI (Panel...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom