How to program a DeviceNet card

cotang

Hi,

I have the *.dnt file from our vendor, we have all the software and hardware. The only question now is how do I go about programming the deviceNet card? Do I have to have the actual system that its going into or can I just stick it into a rack with a SLC and program the devicenet card using the manufacturing cables and modules?

Help Please.

The 1747-SDN just needs backplane power and DeviceNet power plus at least one other device connected (often a 1770-KFD) to accept a Scanlist download.

The slave devices do not need to be present to perform a Scanlist download.

Well I have a 1770 module on order which will be coming this week. SO I DON'T need to have the same setup as long as I have power and the *.dnt file it should be fine? Anyone actually done it and can give me a step by step would be great. I program in Siemens but my company has 3 major PLC in their system and this seems to be the hardest one to get extra cards for since all the materials needed.....