S7 Pointers

geoffaus

Hi All,

I am new to S7 and STL and am confused by the following code..

L P##Job
LAR1
L W [AR1,P#0.0]
T #Job_DB
L D [AR1,P#2.0]
T #Job_Ptr

I assume W [AR1,P#0.0] loads the DB number that the Job pointer is pointing to but not sure about D [AR1,P#2.0] as it seems to be returning a the job pointer (which is what we started with isn't it ?).

Can someone tell me the structure of a pointer (ie. P#0.0 is DBNum etc).

Thanks
Geoff

Structure as follows:

L W[AR1,P#0.0] //db number
L D[AR1,P#2.0] //area pointer

For example, the job_ptr may point to an area that contains several elements of data.

Here's a quick example - by passing in a pointer you have complete read/write access to the area concerned.

point009.jpg

Similar Topics

Hello, I've just came out of a call where a program that was modified two weeks ago threw the processor into fault. The program has been done...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to get a 5069-L306er to talk to a Automation Direct ProSence Controller by using RA's AOI for modbus client but its stuck not getting a...
Replies
Views
The last time I did anything with Wonderware was just after the dot com bust. Boy, I feel old. Anyway, it looks like I will get the chance to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Some pointers needed: Having PC with WIN7 pro X64 and Amsamotion clone of 6ES7 972-0CB20-0XA0 cable and need to backup VIPA cpu...
Replies
Views
Is there any form of Reference Type or Pointer Type like Codesys has? I am aware that you can nut a tag in the index of an array reference. but...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom