Sqare D SY-MAX software question

fredjohns

I am trying to run the SFW375 software so I can copy the PLC programs running in some old SY-MAX PLC's we got in from one of our companies that closed. The software disk contains the following files on it:
SFW375.EXE
SFW.SEC
AUTOEXE.SQD
AUTO.SQD

I am trying to run the program on an old PC that was running windows 95. I booted the PC in the DOS mode and typed in:
SFW375 and got the following error:

LOADING SECURITY PASSWORDS
LOADING PARAMETERS....
ERROR-UNABLE TO INITALIZE ASYNCH

If anyone has any suggestions and what I need to do to succecfully run the SFW375 program, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Fred Johns
Day Timer, Inc.
www.daytimer.com

SYMATE PLUS for Square D PLC

I have Symate Plus ver 2.06 DOS software for Square D PLCs.
It runs fine on Windows NT. We used it on PLC Model 650.
Worked really well.

I think SFW375 was the multi-site license version, of SFW374, that required a security key to be installed on the printer port.

Yes, I had heard that the SFW374 required the security key but the SFW375 did not. Has anyone used the SWF375 software and are there just 4 files that make it up or is there a second disk that I might be missing

I have Symate Plus ver 2.06 DOS software for Square D PLCs.
It runs fine on Windows NT. We used it on PLC Model 650.
Worked really well.

Do you know if the symate plus will work on the model 500's and is that software still available and what is the cost of it. The SFW374 and SFW375 is no longer availble from Schnider (Square D)

Do you know if the symate plus will work on the model 500's and is that software still available and what is the cost of it. The SFW374 and SFW375 is no longer availble from Schnider (Square D)
Yes, it will work on the Model 500's, Sy/Mate Plus (SFW47x) replaced the older SFW37x family of software around 1990. Sy/Mate Plus is also no longer available from Schneider Electric (since maybe 2000). There are Windows based versions available for the Sy/Max family.

The Sy/Max Model 500 PLC was obsoleted in the early 1990's.