Beckhoff - wiiring a digital input

hapetter

Hi.

Have some problems connecting a digital input to a EL1002 module.

I connect a wire from 2 through a contact and down to 1. I can't see any light in led when I close the contact, nor any action in my application program. What can be wrong? Do I need a pull-up resistor?

Se datasheet for terminal EL1002

I use a CX9000 demokit.

Thanks.

Regards
Hans Pettersson

It seems to me that 24VDCand 0VDC is supplied internaly from powersupply module, hence + and - are already available on terminal (+ on 2, 6 and - on 3, 7). But Im not sure. I dont have a multimeter available to measure it.

I did try to close the contact by 24VDC directly from power supply module.

This did not work either...

Im a newbe so I might have missed something.

Any suggestions to what I does wrong?

It seems to me that 24VDCand 0VDC is supplied internaly from powersupply module, hence + and - are already available on terminal (+ on 2, 6 and - on 3, 7). But Im not sure. I dont have a multimeter available to measure it.

I did try to close the contact by 24VDC directly from power supply module.

This did not work either...

Im a newbe so I might have missed something.

Any suggestions to what I does wrong?

Pull-up resistor is not necessary.

Probably the power supply is faulty,
find a meter and make sure you have +24V at terminal 2.

Hi.
Yes I have:)

I got this from beckhoff support:

normally the 24 Volt should be supplied internally by the E-BUS, but this only works if you have the right terminals in front, and the power supply is connected.

Not sure what they say about right terminals in front... Do I have to specify anything about the power in the system manager?

Hans

I would put a meter on terminals 1 and 3 of teh module to see if there is definitely 24VDC. If there is and no LED lights, then the module is most likely bad. I don't think anything needs to be done in software to get the LED to come on.

Hi.
Yes I have:)

I got this from beckhoff support:

normally the 24 Volt should be supplied internally by the E-BUS, but this only works if you have the right terminals in front, and the power supply is connected.

Not sure what they say about right terminals in front... Do I have to specify anything about the power in the system manager?

Hans

If you only have the controller before (left) of your input module and both + terminals on the controller are supplied, with +24V like Archie pointed you should have +24V at terminal 2 at your input module.

You have a hardware problem, when the diode on your input module lights up you can continue with software.

Hi.
I did not have supply on + and - only on 24V and 0V, I thought it was supplied internally from 24V and 0V to + and -... Anyway, now everything works fine.

Thanks.