Allen Bradley Processor SLC5/03

sharo

Hello,

I have a problem with a CPU Allen Bradley SLC5/03, normally it works fine but if you cut the food, it goes into default and the program is lost. must load each time the program, yet the battery is good and the battery light does not

please help me on this problem

Best Regards

Hello,

I have a problem with a CPU Allen Bradley SLC5/03, normally it works fine but if you cut the food, it goes into default and the program is lost. must load each time the program, yet the battery is good and the battery light does not

please help me on this problem

Best Regards

Sounds like there is something wrong with the battery... I have had batteries that measure OK... but still don't have enough juice, to maintain the program. I have also, rarely seen the low battery light come on. Unless the battery is new, you could try a new battery, otherwise an eeprom might be a good idea....

-MUR

Check to be sure you do not have an EEPROM module with a default program set for "Load On Power Up".

Usually, even without a battery, an SLC-5/03 controller will hold the user program for several days, even weeks, with the power off. If your always loses its program it may be defective.

Recently I had the same problem. It turned out not to the the processor loosing it's memory on power loss, but it loosing it on power up from a faulty power supply