Simple Inexpensive PLC

tbfisher

T
I need a simple, reliable PLC with at least 4 inputs and 2 output switches to control starting and stopping a diesel generator in a motorhome. The supply voltage needs to be 12VDC and as efficient as possible. Pleas reply via [email protected]
Thanks,
Tom Fisher
Dallas,TX

What you need is an "intelligent" relay as they are sometime called. Siemens has the "Logo", so does Mitsubishi (Alpha), Klockner-Moeller, and most vendors. They go for about 100 U$ and have ladder-like programming.

They have plenty of I/Os for your needs. They can be programmed from touch keys on them or a software (usually free).

AutomationDirect.Com has a micro PLC for around $100 that will meet your specs, and they have a couple of models that will even use 12 VDC power for the CPU.

Last edited:
Directlogic has a 05 plc with 8 input and 9outputs plus bonus of 3 analog channels for a extra 77.00 bucks the 05 also uses Modbus protocal for remote monitoring on a leasted line or CDPDA Modem.
the baby you can get for 99.00 bucks in a couple of versions

Nano PLC

GE Fanuc has this one that meets all of your requirements.

IC200NDD010

Thanks

Pierre said:
What you need is an "intelligent" relay as they are sometime called. Siemens has the "Logo", so does Mitsubishi (Alpha), Klockner-Moeller, and most vendors. They go for about 100 U$ and have ladder-like programming.

Thanks for the help. I ordered the Siemens LOGO 12/24RC Starter kit
today. It includes everything I need for $184. Take a look at:
http://www.ad.siemens.de/logo/html_76/ecommerce.htm
Tom Fisher
Dallas,TX