Trying to Connect PanelView300 and CompactLogix DF1?!?!?!?!?!

DaveMac

I am having trouble finding a written procedure for how to use a PanelView300 as the Operator Interface for a CompactLogix. I would think this is a common setup. I just need to know how to create Tags for the PV300 to read and write to. I am usually work with View and Computers rather than PanelBuilder.

PV300 CompactLogix Read/Write
Speed Speed/Real Y/N
Auto_Manual Auto_Manual/Bit Y/Y
Setpoint Setpoint/Int Y/Y

Lets say I want the above tags. All the examples from Rockwell say SLC to PV so the MSG command stuff looks different. I have the following command.

new-1.jpg

Provided that you have the comm. cabling correct between the PLC and the PV, Here are a few more pointers.

You don't need to use MSG command to communicate between CompactLogix and Panelview.

In RSLogix5000 you need to define some "data tables" So that the Panelview will think it is talking to a SLC or PLC5. (see screenshot) In the example shown, Compactlogix tags 'B3' will be addressed as B3 in the Panelview, Compactlogix tags 'FAULTS' will be addressed as N7 In the Panelview, and Compactlogix tags 'panelview_integer' will be addressed as N10. Also in this example, the B3 tag is set up in the Compactlogix as an array of 32 BOOL's, FAULTS is an INT, and panelvew_integer is an array of 10 INT's.

rsl5000map.gif

Thanks!

I am using my null modem cable I think it is a CP3 or a PM03. The one from AB to talk to SLC local on serial. I will setup the Mapping right now and test thanks for the reply

I forgot something. Do I need to Alias or MOV the values from say

Bed_Speed is an interger tag now I need that in my PV300 so how do you get it there? If I address N7:0 wouldn't I need the Bed_Speed to get there ?

In this example, N12:0 will be the Panelview address for Bad_Speed. Also, in this example, in RSL5000 I made 'Bad_Speed' an INT, If I had made the tag in RSL5000: 'Speed' an array of 20 INT's, I could use N12:0-N12:19 as addresses in the Panelview.

mapping.gif

DaveMac said:
Do I need to Alias or MOV the values

When you map the files that is what you are essentially doing. You are telling the ControlLogix that the data coming in as N7 needs to be re-directed to the tag name you have mapped.

Here is an example for you to follow,

You don't need to do it exactly the same, but this is a general outline.

1. If all of the data is integer, create a tag in RSLogix5000 called Panelview_data. Make it an array of 100 INT's.
2. Map that data. "file number" 7 "tagname" Panelview_data
3. You are now able to address everything in the Panelview as N7:xx. Addresses N7:0 to N7:99 are now valid. N7:0 will show up in the ControlLogix at Panelview_data[0] all the way to N7:99 will be Panelview_data[99].
4. You can even address to the bit level. N7:0/1 will show up in the Controllogix as Panelview_data[0].1

You're not following me here...

If you map 'file number' 7 to Bed_Depth, and Bed_Depth is a non-array INT, then N7:0 is the only word you can use from the N7 file, If Bed_Depth is an array (as in my screenshot) then N7:34 will show up in the CLGX at Bed_Depth[34].

Get it?

tag.gif

I get it. For me it would be Individual tags not arrays. SO for my non array tags I just map each one. It's small 20 or so tags.

Thanks you have really helped me out!

Now lets go see if they work?!?!?!?!?

Glad you got it!

If you do create a mapping for each one, Start the file numbers at 10. I'm not sure if the Panelview will let you address something like N1:xx...

Keep us posted!!

Last edited: