MicroLogix 1500 program conversion into RSLogix 5000

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had informtion that oculd help transfer a program written in RSLogix 500 software for a MicroLogix 1500 processor to a program in RSLogix 5000 software for a RSLogix 5561 processor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The ControlLogix software (RSLogix 5000) has a built-in translator that will convert the SLC code to CLX code. It is not totally automatic as some cleanup of the converted code will probably be required. Such things as timer time bases, instructions that don't exist in CLX, etc. The program will clearly mark things that need your attention.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there anywhere I can find an outline on how to do the translation. What file extension does the SLC code need to be saved as in order to translate?

How large is the ML1500 Program?

In general, no, actually, in 100% of all cases, I say just re-write the program to the target platform.

The stupid bit of time you save with a "Translation Tool" means that you have a b******ized program for the new platform, not using it's features, not assigning memory in an intelligent way, and in making it a nightmare for maintenance in the future.

Drew,

Here is Page 1-3 of the file that jkerekes linked in a previous post. The entire PDF file is 1500 KB and the posting limit here is 300 KB.

Last edited: