Serial Testing

montech

Hello Guys
Not looking for someone to write this but I need a simple way to use an AB ML1100 to test a application using a TI chip(TL5812N)This chip takes serial data and outputs parallel to a fault anunciator panel using LEDS.I want to write a plc program which will cycle thru these leds and burn in the board after a repair.Any ideas where I should start?The timing is available for the chip in its datasheet.

Last edited:
Sounds like a neat challenge !

Do you already have a 24 VDC / CMOS interface circuit worked out ?

This sounds like the sort of thing you'd do with another IC, not really with a programmable controller. The clock pulses are 1/2 millisecond minimum, though no maximum is listed.

I think you'd go after this with ordinary outputs and maybe a Sequencer instruction.

Thanks Ken
I hadnt thought of that route.I can use the SEQ instructions in the 1100 to get this done.I will post the ladder when I get it figured out.