Profibus dp

tomrobot11

hELLO eVERYBODY!

I have a new project which has a Siemens CPU 314C-2DP configured as master. Now we need to link the CPU 314C-2DP to a Siemens multipanel MP270B using Profibus. Is it possible to establish a communication between CPU 314C-2DP & MP270 with both of them configured as Master in Profibus DP. If can't i need some suggestions how to link up the PLC with the MP270B. Do i need any CP card for this application or another kind of hardware interface.
Any advice or help will be appreciated very much!
I had posted about this but i didn´t explain my problem in the best way...sorry...

🤞🏻

hmm

a CPU 324C-2DP = DP master. and MP270B is a Master type 2.

No need for extra hardware.

An MP270B, is WinCC Flexible configured, but can also be protool I think (not sure). You should work integrated, easiest way to make the connection right. There are examples on this forum how to set up the connection integrated. Making the connection integrated is done in the Hwconfig of the panel in Simatic Manager.

If not integrated, then you can set the connection parameters yourself. If u set the panel master or not, both will work.

hELLO eVERYBODY!

I have a new project which has a Siemens CPU 314C-2DP configured as master. Now we need to link the CPU 314C-2DP to a Siemens multipanel MP270B using Profibus. Is it possible to establish a communication between CPU 314C-2DP & MP270 with both of them configured as Master in Profibus DP. If can't i need some suggestions how to link up the PLC with the MP270B. Do i need any CP card for this application or another kind of hardware interface.
Any advice or help will be appreciated very much!
I had posted about this but i didn´t explain my problem in the best way...sorry...

🤞🏻

This sounds like the same problem you were working on with your February 28th post. Is it? In that episode, you were not sure about your communications cable between the PLC and HMI. How did that work out? Also, is WinCC Flexible integrated into Step 7? Are you using WinCC Flexible? And how did the WIN CE Control Panel settings on the MP270 work out for you?

Can you download to your project from your PC to the MP270 via Profibus?

That´s right Imi´ike. I still have problems with this project. I found that my cable was not the problem, i´m using another profibus cable by one of our providers and i still don´t have communication between the MP270B and the S7-300 . I think something left in my WinCC or maybe my Simatic project configuration.I´m configuring the topology of the Net Using NetPro.
In NetPro i have the Multi point interface MPI to connect the S7-300 to my PC. And I have Profibus network linking S7-300 (using DP port it´s a CPU314C-2DP) and the MP270B by its MPI/DP port (i´m putting the dip switches all in off, to set it in DP).
Adresses in the profibus network are 3 for MP270B and 2 for S7300, i pretend to use both devices as masters.
The network speed that i´m using first is 187,5 kbits/s and its configuration is DP. Is this the correct configuration according to what i want to do or do i need to use another like Universal DP/FMS or Standard?
After that, when i open the HMI Connections on Simatic manager automatically WinCC flexible advanced opens and there i can see in connections list the connection that i have configured in netpro.
And well, here is my doubt. In this case do i need to insert a new linkage in the WinCC flexible RT in the netpro configuration. Or its only like in the way that i am doing it?

Have you gone into the Control Panel on the HMI and setup the Profibus node address and baud rate there too?

You have to set them up in the project's hardware configuration, like you describe, and on the panel itself, and they have to match.

Why does the HMI have to be on Profibus?

If you connect the PC to the same port of the PLC as the HMI panel, the download will be a little more straightforward.

From the duplicate thread (lets continue in this thread):
Put 314C-2DP and MP270B in the same STEP7 project.
In the HW Config for both 314C-2DP and MP270B, connect them to the same Profibus net as masters.

In the MP270B project, specify the connection partner by selecting the 314C-2DP in the connection dialog. Do not specify parameters such as the partner DP address, rack or slot manually.

And that's it. You are finished.
These are really all the steps you have to do in the project. You dont have to use NetPro at all. You dont have to alter the Bus profile.

One thing that is odd is the 187.5k that you mention. The default for Profibus is 1.5M, so you may have altered something else too. Try to start from scratch with with a new PLC+HMI project and see if you can get the two to talk to each other.

You have to set them up in the project's hardware configuration, like you describe, and on the panel itself, and they have to match.
It will be set automatically if Tom follow my simple guide.
If Tom wants to download via Profibus to the panel, then he do have to set Profibus parameters in Windows Control Panel on the MP270. And the Profibus channel must be enabled to allow download.

Why does the HMI have to be on Profibus?
Good question.
If there are also going to be DP slaves, then it is easier and just as performant for the panel to be on MPI.
If the panel really need 1.5M or a the distance is greater than 50 meters, then he should use DP.

Hello Guys... well i just have made it in the way that you said Jesper and i still don´t have communication. I configured only the HW-Configuration without using NetPro and in the WinCC I have chosen the respective connection (SIMATIC S7 300 as the driver, the station: \PFB_DP110309\SIMATIC 300(1),interlocutor:CPU314C-2DP, Node: DP, and it is activated)this configuration is created automatically when i set up the dp ports in HW Config so i just have to choose it. I was checking about the firmware of my CPU 314C-2DP and i can realize that i have firmware version 1.0. The question is that if this could be the reason of my problem because in the Multipanle MP270B i have the most recent version V 07.02.00.00_1.55, so maybe i suppose that i need to actualize the firmware of the CPU.
Any advice or suggestion will be appreciate so much. Thanks!
🍻

Another thing is that i´m using profibus because my client want it in that way.The cable that i´m using is about 8 meters of extension so i suppose that i shouldn´t have problems with this. :)

What have you setup in the Control Panel on the HMI panel. Open the Control Panel and go to the Transfer icon. Is is set for MPI Or Profibus? If it's set for Profibus, is its address and baud rate set correctly. (the same baud rate and network type as in the hardware configuration)

You mentioned 187.5kbps in the hardware configuration. The panel will not default to Profibus at that speed. Even if it's default setting is Profibus it will probably be the 1.5Mbps speed.

After the settings match those that are in the hardware configuration, back out of the control panel and you should get the loader dialog. Hit the Transfer button on that one. The panel should indicate its trying to connect.

From there, I would try to connect the PC to the Profibus network and make sure you can at least see the PLC and HMI panel from the PC using the Accessible Nodes.

In addition to what tim2 asked, I am wondering if you are downloading to the S7-314 and MP270 with MPI. To keep communications simple, and since you want the two devices on Profibus, put your PC on Profibus too for all downloads.
Do you have the S7-314 x2 port connected to your Profibus network?
Do you have the MP270 IF1B port connected to the same Profibus network cable?
What are the answers to tim2's questions about the MP270 WinCE Control Panel? Also, can you see the S7-314 and MP270 from your PC using Accessible Nodes?

[..]i still don´t have communication.
So, you have downloaded to bot 314C-2DP and MP270B, but the MP270B do not connect to the PLC ?

If that is so, you should look for a hardware problem. Like the others have suggested, try to connect with you PC via Profibus, and check if you can see both 314C and MP270B.

I was checking about the firmware of my CPU 314C-2DP and i can realize that i have firmware version 1.0. The question is that if this could be the reason of my problem because in the Multipanle MP270B i have the most recent version V 07.02.00.00_1.55, so maybe i suppose that i need to actualize the firmware of the CPU.
The firmware of the S7 CPU and the MP270B are not related to each other.

Thanks...but..well

Well guys, thanks for your quick replies.
I already have checked the Profibus parameters in the MP270B Control panel and the match exactly with those ones that i have configured in HW Config in Simatic Manager.
Now i am using MPI Interface to download my configuration to the CPU314C-2DP connecting from my PC to its MPI port.
And i am using Ethernet to download the HMI project from my PC (Using WinCC Flexible Advanced) to the MP270B.
Is it necessary to have my PC connected to Profibus for a correct operation, or Do i need this only if i want to view some kind of Diagnostic on my Profibus Network?
I have changed to default values for profibus 1,5Mbps and DP profile and i still don´t have communication.
In fact i am downloading the configurations to the MP270B and the CPU314C-2DP from my PC in those different ways (MPI & Ethernet), Could it be a problem?
I am linking phisically the S7-314 and the MP270B using one profibus cable (point to point) from DP Port of the S7-314 to the IF1B Port of the MP270B, so PLC and HMI are the only two devices in the Profibus Network. I have already set the IF1B Port into DP Profile putting all the DIP Switches in OFF position.
And well about a hardware problem, i am using a cable with the respective profibus configuration but with non-Siemens trademark materials. I was checking information about this, and i found that the most aproppriate Profibus cable for this application (FOR linking between HMI´S and Plc´S)is a 830-2 Siemens part number cable. Somebody told me that it doesn´t really matters too much but i´m not sure about that, maybe using this cable could be the most properly.

tomrobot11 said:
Is it necessary to have my PC connected to Profibus for a correct operation, or Do i need this only if i want to view some kind of Diagnostic on my Profibus Network?
[..]
In fact i am downloading the configurations to the MP270B and the CPU314C-2DP from my PC in those different ways (MPI & Ethernet), Could it be a problem?
No, it does not in it self pose a problem.
But if you download to both 314C-DP and MP270B via Profibus, you check at the same time that the connection to both is OK.

Maybe the cable is the problem.
You have the cable going into the connector at the arrow INTO the connector, in both ends ?
The termination switch is ON in both ends ?

Hello Guys!

First..sorry because I couldn´t answer quickly... I finally found the problem, It was not in hardware. It was in the way that i am refering to my inputs/outputs. In this case i just only needed to use Mark Registers (i.e. M0.0 , M0.1, for mapping my Inputs/Outputs). At the beginning i was mapping my I/O refered directly to my physical I/O (i.e. E124.0,E124.1) and in that way i found that it didn´t work so i was wrong.
But thanks... some advices that you gave to me were useful for Profibus newbies like me.
Now I want to add more devices to my Profibus network, and i want to make it using cables and connectors made by myself. I am wondering if i can do this in that way or Do i need to buy commercial connectors. The topology for my network will be in a daisy-chain array.
I will appreciate any help or advice, very much...

Greetings .... Tom Van Der Krotmann