Festo CPX with FEC programming question

ste1171

I am trying to program (ladder) a Festo CPX valve terminal which has Festo's integrated FEC PLC.
The power connector is wired with pin1 to constant 24vdc and pin2 wired to the e-stop.
When the E-stop is pressed, the outputs shut off and the inputs stay on which is normal. The PLC error light turns on which is also normal (this indicates no voltage on the valves), however, the error light does not go away when the e-stop is released. A complete power off/on needs to happen for the error to reset.
The other problem I have encountered is the processor going into stop mode every time I press E-stop and I have to manually put it back into run.

Does anyone have experience with programming this unit

Similar Topics

Hi all, First post on here. I'm an automation engineer and I have plenty of experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens and Fanuc etc. Constantly...
Replies
Views
Hello I have an issue with detecting the correct FESTO CPX controller in TIA HW catalog. And I do not know where is the issue, I received the...
Replies
Views
In case packer they used festo axis controller to drive the cylinder. This axis controller contains some data. While running condition once a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am new to this forum! Here is my first question: How do I upload project from CPX-CEC controller to PC? I have installed CODESYS...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I would like to control a Festo CPX-FB36 (ethernet valves) using a Micro 850 Allen Bradley PLC over ethernet/IP. Does anybody know...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom