Need Mave type function or instruction for 500 ladder logic

jbrand85

Ok, So I am new to this forum. I will try to lay out exactly what I have. I have sensors out on the production floor counting trays going through a machine. It gives me a number.. I need to get averages of this number for 1 minute, 5 minutes, 30 minutes and a hour, and potentially dailly and monthly. Since this is a constant moving number, How would I do this?

hi man

use some counter available in the market. purchase off the self your requirement

if u r in australia let me know i can get it one for you

ofcourse excluding delivery charges hahaha......

Would that be satisfactory that the average rate per minute be calculated as each item comes by. The count/rate for the previous 5 minutes can be recalculated each minute. The count/rate for the previous hour can be recalculated each 5 minutes. And on up with the monthly rate (by the way, a standard 30 day month?) being recalculated each day? This is doable in the PLC without a huge performance hit.

A temporary increase or decrease in rate wouldn't have that much effect on a monthly count/rate anyway.

Otherwise if they want all numbers updated instantly using an absolutely complete history then offload this whole calculation to an external SCADA system. If you don't have one and they don't want to pay for one then it may not be that important.