AB ML1500: Need help saving recipe

tiopaeng

I'm trying to save the recipe file from the plc to the PC, I have tried saving while online but I don't see it when I'm offline. The recipes are entered through the HMI and I know it's being saved to the PLC.

Appreciate any help, thanks
RSLogix 500
PLC: AB ML1500
HMI: C-More 6"

Do you know the PLC addresses where your recipe file is being stored?

If so, then it should be there. If not, then where are you looking when you are offline?

The file address is RCP File 0, when online I can see all the recipes, I'm trying to download the recipe files to my PC so I don't lose it when I make changes to the program. thanks

The file address is RCP File 0, when online I can see all the recipes, I'm trying to download the recipe files to my PC so I don't lose it when I make changes to the program. thanks

OK, I understand better. I have never used recipes, but I would guess that the RCP File (Called Recipe Monitor) on RSLogix isn't really a data file, but a list of other addresses that is only updated when online.

When you are online, what is shown under the Address column for the items on the Recipe Monitor? If it has references to other memory locations (ie. N7:20), then you will need to look there to see the value associated with that item.