micromaster 440 devicenet

sapoleon

hi,
i was wondering if anyone can help me. i´m new programming plc and more newer with inverters. but, the real problem i find hier is with documentation.

i have to control 10 siemens micromaster 440 inverters, with an omron plc using device net.

what i don´t know, is what should i send via devicenet and what i recieve from the inverters. i have 2 control words, (simple to use and understand) and at least 2 data words to send to the inverter, but i don´t know in which format (i-u-f) and what. I need to send the set points...

in return i receive 2 status word (good description in the manunal) and at least 2 data word, but i don´t know what is in diese data words or how to configure what should i receibe.

from now, thanks.

sapoleon

I don't know about linking these drives via devicenet. I have always used profibus. A good configuration program for the micromaster is Starter v3.0 from Siemens. It is free, and should come with your Micromaster. The program will help you configure the control and status words.

i don´t have problems with the configuration. what i don´t know is how to comunicate with the inverter.

or it´s all a matter of configuration???

sapoleon

Do you have the MM4 devicenet manual?
It looks as though once you set up your devicenet hardware,
Set the drive parameters
P918- address
P2040-Process failure time
etc..Page 41 of the devicenet manual

On you control word- send a 47f(hex) to run and 47e(hex) to stop,
10 bit is important.

I wouldnt get bogged down regarding the PKW values- At least not at this point. The PZD (process data) are the control and status words

send
word 1-control word 47f and 47e
word 2-speed reference

Recieve
word 1-status
word 2-actual speed or ramp generator value

Once more, thanks.

We can say that it is all in the manuals. And yes, it works sending the parameters 47f and 47e.

The thing is, that i try two days with that, and it didn´t work, i don´t know why. Until today. I used a fault acknowledge code, and all start to work.

- fault acknowledge = 04FE

Then, i start using 047F and 047E. without problem.

One thing. One can pass from off1 and off3 (047E & 047A) to a run status without problem, but you can not go from off2 to run.

Now, all works perfectly. Ahh, in the DeviceNet manual from Siemens there are not examples, you can take the examples from the Profibus manual from Siemens. The data to be transfer is the same. The only thing is that you must separate the status and control words.

I think i can keep going with my project now without trouble, thanks to all for your tips.

ahh!, there are a couple of things to configure, but those are well documented. (if anyone have problems, i think i can help with this now...)

sapoleón

I've to control the same micromaster 440 drive on device net. It's my first time with Omron and Device net so i'm a lost. My programme is working well in simulation, i've to find how to grab points on this siemens drive.

Read : ON/OFF Status - (Status Word 1, bit 2)
Faults - (Status Word 1, bit 3)
Current frequency - PZD WORD 2

Write : START/STOP Command - (word 1-control word 47f and 47e)
Frequency SetPoint - (PZD WORD 2)

I'm understanding that i'll recieve and send from the drive 4 words has setting the parameters P2041.01 to #120 and P2040.01 to #170. How do i send and recieve those word in CX-Programmer ? How do i set address for those points ? In CX-Intergrator i've been able to see all my Device net I/O card and it have assign Input from addres 3300... and Output from 3200.. but i don't see this drive.

My device net network is small i got only 1 GRT1-DRT (Node 2) module with some ID8, AD2 cards and the micromaster drive (Node 3 default).

Do i have to do send/recv function has with ethernet ?

If you can give me few hints.

Thanks

I'm sorry to not be able to help but i'm wondering where the network choice comes from ?

Siemens Drives with Allenbradley protocol talking to Omron PLC ?Do i miss something or you need to convert protocols 2 times to make it works ?