Omron CX Programmer Question

fredjohns

When I bring up a program using CX programmer, the program comes up and all contacts have names on them but no I/O address. Is there a way to get the names and I/O address to show up for each contact on the program.

Yes, CX-P is very configurable.
Go to Tools, Options, Ladder Information and set it up how you want.
Also under Tools there is a section Keyboard Mapping - that is really useful. Set up short cut keys to whatever you want however you want. Excellent! Almost throw the mouse in the bin.

Your actual configuration (show address only if name empty) saves the screen space and probably is worth to be preserved.
The physical address and comment are always indicated at the bottom of the screen for the cursor highlighted device.

It depends on what you like. I generally do not program with symbols but numbers - the addresses shown are essential for me.