CPU 315-2 DP connection error

babree_a

hello people...i am new here, i am working on a project where i have to controll subsea pump with the help of siemens plc by establishing modbus communication....we have got new cpu 315-2 dp from siemens with integrated ethernet module ... but problem is that when i download hardware from S7 to CPU it gives connection error...same when i download program to cpu it says that "incompatible adapter version or wrong adapter type connected", i think that Pc adapter i have is older and is not compatible with this new cpu....has anybody any answer to it? should i buy new adapter or what?

What kind of adapter do you have?

Even one of the serial adapters should work as long as it's configured correctly.

What port of the PLC are you plugging the adapter into, MPI Or DP?

Do you know how to configure the adapter for MPI?

If you have the S7315-2PN/DP (as asked by Jesper), then there is only one MPI/DP port. When new, this PLC is communicating via MPI. If your project uses Profibus, then it is not going to communicate. (I will assume that this is what you have.) So open the HW Config from the Simatic Manager and use the download function there. Then your 315 will be reconfigured to communicate via the network specified in your HW Config.

Or, you can just use the Ethernet port.