Factory View Studio ME and Security

DaveW

I hate having to backup and restore appliations just because they have different user accounts. Is there a way to merge or import this FactoryTalk Local Directories thing so that I don't have to do all these backup and restore? If I don't restore the FactoryTalk Local Directory, the user accounts shows up as long ascii CLSID strings and they are useless. I really don't want to convert and use the 3.x security tab.

Choose the second option on the first screen when restoring an application. That'll bring the user accounts in correctly.

edit:
I misread your question. In that case, I think what you have to do is add ALL your users for all your applications manually, then go through each and reset the users. Its a pain, but you only have to do it once.

blinkAnimation.png

I understand that but it will overwrite all other accounts in the local directory. I don't want to overwrite.

In that case, I think what you have to do is add ALL your users for all your applications manually, then go through each and reset the users. Its a pain, but you only have to do it once.

Only if you remember all the passwords. What a PITA.