panelview 600 touch screen

soup

Can someone tell me if a panelview 600 with ethernet port can be connected directly to a mirologix 1100 plc, and if so, how do you set up the communications.

I would assume that you would have to use a cross-over ethernet cable, if you are not connecting the PV and PLC through an ethernet switch.

Even though you don't have actually one try the NET-ENI communication option. Also make sure to use the crossover cable as smohamed suggested.
Since it is a MicroLogix 1100, a NET-ENI is not needed. Use a crossover ethernet cable to directly connect the PanelView Plus to the 1100, or you can use a network switch to give you an additional port for programming both units.

Since it is a MicroLogix 1100, a NET-ENI is not needed. Use a crossover ethernet cable to directly connect the PanelView Plus to the 1100, or you can use a network switch to give you an additional port for programming both units.
Another vote for the above set up.
Done it many many times (even with cheap switches), no issues.
Just be aware you may have to adjust CIP settings if you experience "on line edit failures" and such.
There's a few KB notes on how to deal with it.

I suggest using a 4 port ethernet switch and standard cables. This way you have a place to plug in your PC and can troubleshoot both the display and PLC at the same time.