plc5

mnmmcbride

Yes the proc light was solid red so i downloaded the program and begin running my machine. But the processor faulted again in the afternoon and was faulted this morning. This is a plc5-80 in service for 12 years. what can i look for to keep this processor running and shouldn't it last for many years.

Before you do anything to the faulted controller, go online and see what the error is. See picture below.And PDF for troubleshooting. Then post back.

ErrorMSG.jpg

Attachments

• RedProcLite.pdf
    52 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
What about the battery? Is the battery light on? Isn't the entire memory only retained via the battery?

Steady red light, thought the battery might be weak so got a new one and installed it. Still lost the program after running a short time. the problem started after the big storm a few days ago. Lost the program and have reloaded every hour . Power supply has a steady 120 volts new battery. Could any of the I/o affect the processor in this manner?

Unprotected inductive loads ( solenoids) can cause this.
But sense you said it all started after the storm, then I would suspect some damaged component. If you have a spare power supply replace it.