RSLogix 5000 to ML1000?

PLCRookie

Gentlemen,

Is it true that I cannot program a ML1000 with RSLogix 5000?
I was able to connect in RSLinx, and I can see the ML in RSWho in RSLogix, but I cannot go online or upload. I also could not stop the driver AB_DF1-1 in RSLinx. Had to shut down the laptop to be able to stop and delete the driver.

This is my firs attempt with the ML series, but I have been working with a Control Logix system.

Thanks in advance!o_O

They are two completely different platforms.

The good news is its no where near as much money.

There is a version of RSLogix500 which is specifically for the ML line - it could save you some money if you will never program a SLC500, but if you'll possibly do SLC500s then get the full package.

Thanks guys for the info. I just needed to do a little program change to a machine that we purchased recently from Italy. Nothing bigtime. I actually have access to a copy of Logix500, it will just be a little more time to get it done. We have AB, AD, Siemens, GE, and Omron here, so I have trouble sometimes remembering things........🍻