MicroLogix 1200 Virtual Clock

Someone was telling me that there is a small program that he has seen that creates a virtual clock for the MicroLogix 1200. I have several of them and none of them have the RTC module installed. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Garry

One 60 sec self resetting timer 1. Two counters, counter one incremented by the done bit of timer 1. Counter 1 is your minute value. Counter 2 is incremented by done bit of counter 1 at 60 minutes. Counter 2 is your hour value. Reset counter 1 at 60 and counter two at 24.

Combine the three values by multiplying the minute value by 100 the hour value by 10000, and then add all three together.

Note this will not be a very accurate clock.

The best solution is to buy a RTC module.

RTCML1200.jpg

Last edited:
I would say the best solution is to buy a ML1400. When you add in the cost for a RTC module to a ML1200 the price is about the same as a ML1400. Plus you get online editing and built-in ethernet.