Choise

Given the choice, I buy GE/Mitsi/Siemens but I have bought AB in the past.

Generally it is more about familiarity, programming tools ($$$$) and getting the job done easily and for the right price rather than boosting my resume / cv.

Cheers

I don't, major hardware is usually specified by customer.

Btw. I have interviewed many candidates for controls positions.
One thing is that most people greatly exaggerate their abilities or experience. I don't feel comfortable hiring someone if I can't trust him/her. For that reason I decided to put their skill to the test.
It was clear that most can't communicate properly (read, write, talk, not familiar with standards, terminology etc.), has no clue about sizing components, troubleshooting, difference between bit and byte etc.

If someone is looking for an engineering position they better demonstrate some "knack" and control of language.

Sadly, only 20% were able to solve even simplest circuit like one below (first question on the test).

Tip: Let someone else proof read your resume, "choise" is not spelled correctly. (btw. English is not my first, nor second language...)

interview.jpg

Last edited:
choise

I don't, major hardware is usually specified by customer.

Btw. I have interviewed many candidates for controls positions.
One thing is that most people greatly exaggerate their abilities or experience. I don't feel comfortable hiring someone if I can't trust him/her. For that reason I decided to put their skill to the test.
It was clear that most can't communicate properly (read, write, talk, not familiar with standards, terminology etc.), has no clue about sizing components, troubleshooting, difference between bit and byte etc.

If someone is looking for an engineering position they better demonstrate some "knack" and control of language.

Sadly, only 20% were able to solve even simplest circuit like one below (first question on the test).

Tip: Let someone else proof read your resume, "choise" is not spelled correctly. (btw. English is not my first, nor second language...)

Man, your English is good for being a third language. What are the first and second?

You write as a native speaker.

So for the problem attached, I got 36 and 12 ohms for Rx and Rload respectively.

Do I get a job now ? or a cookie?..........."a moist towelete"?

Yes, I am qurious too.
What is your native language ?

By the way, more than one language is a real plus on most CV's.
Speccing a particular PLC brand, just to have it appear on ones CV is, like, immoral.

Man, your English is good for being a third language. What are the first and second?

You write as a native speaker.

So for the problem attached, I got 36 and 12 ohms for Rx and Rload respectively.

Do I get a job now ? or a cookie?..........."a moist towelete"?

Yes, but for a complete answer, you need to make sure that it is at least a 10 watt 36 ohm resistor.

Yes, but for a complete answer, you need to make sure that it is at least a 10 watt 36 ohm resistor.

Well we could also include the type of resistor if we know the required tolerence and even include the color bands .........

How complete is complete? a part number and price/avail. with quote and price break at quantity with 3 alternate suppliers is complete.

I used to hate wasting peoples time doing the other 2 quotes when I knew how it was going to work out or when I wanted a specific person to do the job because of quality issues.

Well we could also include the type of resistor if we know the required tolerence and even include the color bands .........

How complete is complete? a part number and price/avail. with quote and price break at quantity with 3 alternate suppliers is complete.

The only reason I answered with the wattage is because he specified to provide a complete answer (not just resistance). I was also wondering what else he was looking for. I would think that wattage (which is very important since a 1/4 watt resistor will not last) is high on the list of what he wants to see, but you never know.