a little help

sheryl86_ann

Hi! I was given new task and this is my first time anyway. Can anyone show me a sample ladder program (if available) involving servo motors? PLC- (FX3U-48MT). Do programming with servo motors a complex way? What points should I consider with? like timing? pulsing? is this all digital signals?
thank you.

sheryl

Sir Mickey:

Thank you for the site. The PLC is Mitsubhishi using GX developer. May I ask if have you tried servo programming before? Do you have any sample program?

Most of the servo applications that I work with, the servo has the program and the PLC does only digital I/O with the servo... ((start/stop/goto/speed)) these are all digital outputs to the servo from the PLC and digital inputs to the PLC from the servo are ((moving/healthy/not healthy/at speed/at postitionX/etc))

The servos are faster and better to use then the PLC for control, just use the PLC to control/interface with the rest of the machine.

Now if you are talking just an inverter... then the PLC is the way to go.

I have several machines that don't have a PLC only servos that have I/O's

I have several Mitsubishi programs that use servos, you can send me a PM or email and I will send you one.