servo motors

sheryl86_ann

I don't have any idea, so anybody tried plc programming with servo motors? Can you refer me some website programming tips?
thank you

Sheryl

Basically it's only a few steps.

1. Calculate where you want the position of the motor to be
2. Send the motor to that position
3. Check to see if its there
4. If it is, then do something else. If its not, fault the machine and alert the operator that motor isn't where it should be.

All the details depends on what servo system you have, what your interface is between the servo and the controller. Most of that information is provided in instruction manuals that everyone has to read to figure out how to use the devices. If you don't have those, then I would find them.

Best of luck

Mr. ATU:
Good day wherever in the globe you are right now! hehe
Thank you for responding my concern. I'll use all your inputs. We are still ordering the product (so no manual as of now). Only reading at internet research. You would find one? Oh! That would be a great help (Thank you). I'll let you know the progress of my undertakings. I got 1.5 months to do the project.
In many ways, thank you.

Regards, sheryl

In one of our plants we are using RsLogix 5000 software to control a Power Flex 700 frequency drive which controls a servo motor. All this equipment is from Rockwell Automation which can be expensive. Good luck in your project.

Your question was very general, so I replied with a general answer. You have to be more specific in your questions.

Have you choosen a specific PLC or control and servo system? If so, what brand and models?

If you have not, describe your application and I am sure you will receive reccomendations.

I agree with ATU about being more specific with questions; there are a lot of people with excellent knowledge of PLCs of all makes and models who like to help others on this post. If you would please re-post with what kind of software, PLC and servo motor you are going to use in your project, I am sure someone with experience with that particular software and hardware would be more than happy to help you. The best of luck to you on your project. God bless you and have a great day.

Well, Indramat offers a Motion Controller, which coordinates the motion of multiple axises, which ALSO has an IEC11631 type control in ADDITION to the motion control. Your question begs the 'PLC' and servo question as a singularity, when, in actuallity, the answer will be a multiple of things. B&R, Indramat, Siemens all offer product with 'true servo' performance. The Rockwell offering, while perfectly nice for some applications, will likely fall short on high-count applications. And, before anybody gets all upset at this comment, when I say 'high-count', I mean in relation to the number of axises that need to be coordinated at the same time, like more than 32.

Your question was very general, so I replied with a general answer. You have to be more specific in your questions.

Have you choosen a specific PLC or control and servo system? If so, what brand and models?

If you have not, describe your application and I am sure you will receive reccomendations.

Mr. ATU (and other gentlemen):

thanks guys. To be specific the models are: SERVO MOTOR: Mitsubishi HF-KE23, SERVO AMPLIFIER: Mitsubishi MR-E-20A, PLC CPU: FX3U-48MT-ES-A Mitsubihi using gx Developer software.
Any programming samples?

Mr. ATU (and other gentlemen):

thanks guys. To be specific the models are: SERVO MOTOR: Mitsubishi HF-KE23, SERVO AMPLIFIER: Mitsubishi MR-E-20A, PLC CPU: FX3U-48MT-ES-A Mitsubihi using gx Developer software.
Any programming samples?

How about you work on it rather then getting samples?
Why don't you post what you've got so far, & we'll help you along?

How about you work on it rather then getting samples?
Why don't you post what you've got so far, & we'll help you along?

Sir:
I'm on my way doing the circuit yet. The plc program will follow. Reading past projects will help from other people. Ok, on my way there, maybe I'll post the program.