How to control river ?????

ilija28

Hi to everybody. I'm new to this forum,and i have a problem !! I need to make a project for monitor a water improvement station ! There are 7 sensors in the river,i think all are analog,and i need to view their measured values on PC ( wincc panel). The sensors are for measuring :dissolved oxygen (BOD), Phosphates (Ph), Turbidity, Nh3 (Nitrites), River level , Temperature and river speed . I need to programe a PLC,to read the values from the sensors, for exaple: on every minute,and display them on a PC ,on Simatic Wincc Panel !! Also i need to store the measured data,and view the measured data of the sensors like diagram for example,for all day or week,and alarm if some value is critical !! If somebody have any idea what i need to do,plaese wrote here,or [email protected]. Thanks Ilija Iliev.

First of all welcome to the forum ,I hope you enjoy being one of our members.

You have to scale your analog data i do not know if they are 0-10 VDC or 4-20 mA, any way your minimun analog data must concide with your minimum engineering data, the same happens for your maximum value.

Once you have your scaling working properly set up a one minute timer and every minute you move your scaled values to a location that can be shown on yoor wincc system, you can even display them in real time if you want it.

In order to gather info you have to use some kind of database, I do not know what your plc platform is, but essentialy you have to use a kind of OPC server ( connection between your pplc data and your data base ) then use this link to gather into your data base.

Hi to everybody. I'm new to this forum,and i have a problem !! I need to make a project for monitor a water improvement station ! There are 7 sensors in the river,i think all are analog,and i need to view their measured values on PC ( wincc panel). The sensors are for measuring :dissolved oxygen (BOD), Phosphates (Ph), Turbidity, Nh3 (Nitrites), River level , Temperature and river speed . I need to programe a PLC,to read the values from the sensors, for exaple: on every minute,and display them on a PC ,on Simatic Wincc Panel !! Also i need to store the measured data,and view the measured data of the sensors like diagram for example,for all day or week,and alarm if some value is critical !! If somebody have any idea what i need to do,plaese wrote here,or [email protected]. Thanks Ilija Iliev.

You say you only need to monitor
IF there is no control function I see no need to use a PLC.
I would think a data logger would be ideal for this. Either a standalone such as Fluke data bucket with 21 channels.
OR a computer with the sensor to computer interface hardware.

Dan Bentler

Thanks Dan,i also do not see need to use PlC,but my work must be done in SIMATIC WINCC Flexible 2007,and i dont know how to connect the sensors with WINCC. I know that i need the PLC just to connect the sensors with the WINCC,something like bridge between them ! maybe WINcc have option to read the sensors without PLC,but i dont know how? Thanks for the time anyway !